Thursday, January 9, 2014

hot yoga

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've taken up hot yoga. And I love it. I was so nervous to start, I was afraid I would pass out from the heat and I was intimidated to go alone, but while on a mini vacation in San Diego, my friend Christina forced invited me to join her in a hot yoga class at Core Power Yoga. 

I reluctantly agreed but made sure to ask the friendly people at the front desk if they knew CPR as I was checking in (they do). I went for it and had a great time. The class was upbeat and not too ridiculously hot and I made it through without passing out or dying.

Cut to the present day and I've been practicing heated vinyasa flow-style yoga for about four months now. I practice at a cozy little studio in my city and really enjoy the vibe and the atmosphere. This is not your quiet reflective yoga class, it's upbeat, energetic and sweaty. There is usually pretty great music playing and it's a nice way to relieve stress and stretch your body out. 

Sometimes, you just need to lay on a mat with some good tunes and a little lavender oil on your forehead to bring you back to the land of the living, amirite? -kim


No comments:

Post a Comment